Setting financial goals will help you know where you stand now financially, where you want to be in the future and can guide you to getting there.
Following are some tips to help you set goals for yourself:
- Ask for input and help from family. They have a stake in any budgeting decisions for the family both in changes to the current situation and participation in the future benefits.
- Break your goals into immediate and longer term. It is much easier to achieve one goal at a time.
- Be realistic. Don’t set impossible goals.
- Write out your goals and the steps and time frame for achieving them then track your progress. Seeing goals being attained is encouraging.
- Be adaptable. Goals have to be tweaked on occasion especially if your financial circumstances change.
- Be patient. It takes time to achieve goals but the rewards are worth it.
We are pleased to offer a free consultation to discuss your options.
Lawrence Crandall, LL.B, CIRP, Licensed Insolvency Trustee
Licensed Insolvency Trustees
Fresh start…the road to financial freedom